Subject: Re: pkgsrc problems
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Mike Saunders <method@method.cx>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2001 08:18:49
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 03:43:57PM -0600, Mike Saunders wrote:
> > configure: error: *** GTK+ >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first
> [...]
> > 	The current version of GTK+ in pkgsrc is only 1.2.10.
>
> Uh... 1.2.10 > 1.2.2. By a lot.

	Sorry about that.  I worded that incorrectly.  The current version
in pkgsrc is 1.2.10, which indeed is greater than 1.2.2.

> Are you sure your pkgsrc/mk is up to date? There were some version
> comparison problems not too long ago...

Well, I blew away pkgsrc yesterday morning and grabbed everything new via
cvs at about 9 AM.  So, it's current.

> What's in the config.log as the program that failed to link?

	I did find the problem a few minutes ago when I read your
email.  It appears to be this:

/usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/include/gtk/gtktypeutils.h:31: glib/glib.h: No
such file or directory

configure isn't properly finding the glib stuff.  I'll try rebuilding with
CPPFLAGS & LDFLAGS pointing in the proper directions and see if it
works.  If not I'll let you know.

Sorry for the inconveninence!

-Mike