Subject: Re: Another build.sh failure
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/2001 07:15:59
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

> You can't use "~" in the setting for -D.  If you want that, and your shell
> expands ~, you need to put a space between -D and the ~ so the shell will
> expand it.

I did that first, and it put everything into / !!!

> Also, -j no longer overrides mk.conf; mk.conf overrides build.sh commandline
> options.  This is because the command line options to build.sh set the
> environment, rather than the make(1) command line, upon reqauest of several
> users.

Hmmm. OK, I'll pull it out of my mk.conf file.

BTW, any ideas on the failure from previous night, where it appeared
that -j2 resulting in an attempt to installlinks prior to having the
target of the link installed?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |