Subject: -current kernel and X 4.1.0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2001 15:36:01
I just tried a -current i386 kernel of todays sources, and when I start X
(4.1.0 build from source tree a few days ago) I don't get a working
keyboard and mouse. No response to mouse movement or button presses,
and most keyboard keys do not give a response while the few that do,
give weird (control) characters etc. X does not report any errors on
startup. A somewhat older kernel (sources about a week old I think),
gives no such problems with X.

I noticed some new wscons related devices appeared recently, so maybe
a MAKEDEV all and/or upgrading the wscons tools is enough to make
X happy again? However, before I proceed with that I'd like to hear
whether this is the case, as I didn't see any mention of this in
/usr/src/UPDATING.

If not, I'd be happy to assist in tracking the problem down. Just give
me a hint what further info is needed (for a PR). Meanwhile I'm
happily running my somewhat older kernel.

Feico.