Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD on M$ Windows?
To: pascal <pdameme@nerim.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2001 23:06:12
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, pascal wrote:

: Well, this is only partially true. The "Reparse Point" feature (introduced
: in NT4, documented in W2K I think) may be used to insert a device into the
: filesystem namespace; this is how the "volume mount" works. There is very
: few constraint on what is really hidden behind a reparse point ...

Right, but the assumption here is that if a user is extracting the NetBSD
source tree overlapping a reparse point, s/he may just lose, and we won't
cater to that (obviously).  We've only taken care of the really annoying old
M$-DOS names, that affect all filesystems in all directories on those OS's.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/