Subject: Re: UBC and occasional-use apps
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2001 15:48:58
In message <87d736uhw5.fsf@snark.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes:
>Jason just committed what I believe works as a fix for this. Try
>setting vm.vtextmin=20 and vm.anonmin=20 and see if that makes your
>life better (or 30 or something, though the lower the number that will
>work for you the better.) I've been running with those two set to 20
>and his patch and the problem no longer afflicts me. Your mileage may
>differ -- it depends on your app mix -- but the problem is certainly
>much less apparent now.

Hmm.  I tried those settings (not sure I have the new versions of those
files, I supped this morning but I don't see anything about VTEXT in
uvm_*map.c), and it does seem to help, but I'm having build problems
with ASN1_COMPILE not getting set right, so I can't run a full build to
really exercise it.

-s