Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 23:03:30
>> >  > Why?  Especially when it means everyone else using NetBSD must
>> >  > effectively jump through unreasonable hoops!
>> >
>> > Nonsense.  You have had to jump through exactly zero hoops in order
>> > to support building from Cygwin.
>>
>> Hmmm...  But I meant it the other way around -- those of us not building
>> on Cygwin are now forced to avoid using, or even proposing use of,
>> source filenames that might conflict with magic on some foreign
>> platform.  Consistent style (eg. KNF) is one thing, but this is
>> ludicrous.
>
>Since you can't commit to the NetBSD source tree, I don't see how it
>could possibly matter to you.
>
>I would welcome comments on this issue from any _actual NetBSD developer_.
>So far as I can tell, none of us mind -- and I haven't noticed any of us
>who particularly appreciate your attempt to mind on our behalf, either.

on a related note, i'd like to point out that the filenames

   syssrc/sys/arch/acorn32/stand/BtNetBSD/pling.BtNetBSD/Banner,uue
   syssrc/sys/arch/acorn32/stand/BtNetBSD/pling.BtNetBSD/MemFix,uue
   syssrc/sys/arch/acorn32/stand/BtNetBSD/pling.BtNetBSD/native/unixfs_res,uue
   syssrc/sys/arch/acorn32/stand/BtNetBSD/pling.BtNetBSD/pling.Sprites,uue
   syssrc/sys/arch/acorn32/stand/BtNetBSD/pling.BtNetBSD/pling.Sprites22,uue
   syssrc/sys/arch/acorn32/stand/BtNetBSD/pling.BtNetBSD/src/Banner/sprite,uue

contain commas.  i don't really like, nor understand, why they have
commas in them, but i don't have any arm boxes either, so it doesn't
matter to me that much at all.  i also can't think of any platforms
where it might be an issue.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|