Subject: Re: -current build failure in npx.c?
To: None <>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 18:21:07

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:44:05PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Oh, okay, fine, so I'll build gas myself.
> Whoops, no I won't:

Ah, I see. bfd also lives under gnu/dist. But somewhere the links
against it don't seem to be pointing to the right place.

I don't really feel like figuring this out the hardware, so I'll
just build a kernel without compat I686_CPU, use that to build
userland, then build a kernel with it back in. I guess I could
theoretically just build the world here and now, but I really prefer
to make sure a new kernel works before trucking through a full

I still want to know:

1. Why did the new toolchain not handle thi properly? Or is it not
supposed to deal with kernel stuff, only full builds?

2. (less importantly) How does one build without being more
up to date than I was? ("Do a full build with new toolchain enabled,
ho ho ho.")

       ~ g r @

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see