Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 16:04:36
On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Rick Kelly wrote:

: >I would welcome comments on this issue from any _actual NetBSD developer_.
: >So far as I can tell, none of us mind -- and I haven't noticed any of us
: >who particularly appreciate your attempt to mind on our behalf, either.
:
: Although I am not a NetBSD developer, I will mention AT&T UWIN here.
:
: http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

U/WIN is pretty nice, albeit bitrotting in features where Cygwin has really
taken off.  The licensing also leaves something to be desired.

However, once cross-build hosting on Cygwin works, you'll have a pretty good
probability that hosting on U/WIN will work.  I won't guarantee it, but
"feel free to test then".  :)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/