Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package (fwd)
To: Curt Sampson <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 09:45:29

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 02:41:06PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

> Well, there's theoretical marginal cost, and then there's real world cost.
> Let's look at an example of the latter: what it would cost for me to
> add at least 1 MB of disk space to

Hm. You've either already got UUCP on there, or have removed it. We're
not talking about adding to the amount of space required on epistolic,
then, in either case, when we discuss fixing a security flaw in UUCP.

I would have to say, however, that relying on old hardware that's so
far away and hard to access might not be the safest course of action
for your production hardware. I'd recommend at the least that you budget
for a replacement disk and fans regardless of what happens to UUCP, as
someday every hard drive will eventually fail.

Mason Loring Bliss              (( "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dre=
ams   )) build  their nest  with fragments  drop=
ped ((  from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tag=

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see