Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package (fwd)
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 14:00:01
On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Rick Kelly wrote:

> And it seems to me that it would be more productive to fix the bug than
> to remove functionality from the base OS.

No, it would be more productive to remove the functionality. It's a lot
less work, when summed up over the world in general, for the very small
percentage of NetBSD users who use UUCP to install the package than it
is for every single last user of NetBSD in the entire world to install
the patch to fix this security hole (or remove the appropriate files,
or whatever).

BTW, the disk savings, at around a megabyte, are not entirely trivial.
Though I'm not so terribly worried about that myself.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org