Subject: Re: UBC and occasional-use apps
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2001 11:09:55
Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> writes:
> I've attached an updated and simplified version of lars' patch.
> we still want to enforce the minimum limits for different type of pages
> even if we don't reuse non-vnode pages very quickly.
>
> could folks please try this out and post your impressions of how effective
> it is at avoiding the bad behaviour that we currently see?

One problem is that we still incorrectly account for shared library
pages as though they were file pages, which results in them getting
nuked quickly (especially when we are dealing with huge shared libs
like the ones for mozilla). Simply fixing that bug would be a giant
win.

.pm
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com