Subject: Re: Panic while compiling libc
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2001 08:31:01
what's happening here is that softdep_pageiodone() is trying to determine
which page of the file was being written by retrieving the information
from the pmap about what physical page was mapped in the i/o descriptor.
unfortunately the pmap has lost this information, so we panic.
the same thing can happen when uvm_aio_aiodone() calls uvm_pageratop(),
so you can see the same panic without softdep as well.

-Chuck