Subject: Re: IPv4 Problems with Mozilla
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Robert Evans <rhe@nosc.ja.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2001 14:25:23
> Since several days mozilla can no longer browse ipv4 adresses with
> -current kernels. ipv6 addresses still work. Why?
>
> It's the same mozilla binary which worked before with ipv4. It happens
> on a i386 machine.

If this is the same problem I've got (as has Wolfgang Rupprecht,
reported on October 19th), you get a "connection refused" alert box
whenever you try to reach an IPv4 website?

Unfortuantely, I've not had a chance to dig into the cause, so if
anybody's got any ideas, they'd be most welcome!

Recompiling mozilla/glib hasn't made any difference. :(

Cheers,
Rob