Subject: Re: Switching 1.5.1 to current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2001 16:22:50
--OgOMeZVxIzkExV3v

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 05:44:22PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:

> BTW, when trying to compile the -current branch, I have to set
> USETOOLS=3Dno in order to avoid lots of errors in compilation... What are
> those tools? Why they fail?

When they're finished, these tools will make what you're trying to do
utterly painless. They (will) exist to build a set of tools that'll
theoretically allow someone to plonk down a NetBSD source tree on
anything with a "make" and a working compiler and end up with a full
release of NetBSD in tarballs. It's not there yet, but a lot has been
done so far. Work is progressing.

--=20
    Mason Loring Bliss mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us   I m m a n e n t i z=
awake ? sleep : dream; https://acheron.ne.mediaone.net/ t h e E s c h a t o=