Subject: Re: panic: wdc_atapi_intr: bad state
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/2001 02:58:56
On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Sean Davis wrote:
> I have the same problem on my Compaq Presario 1640. It happens when I try to
> install off the 1.5W cd I made, and I ended up installing it from FTP. I
> haven't gotten it as far as the panic, as I always gave up and rebooted it
> since it all but hung. I thought my cdrom was going bad, but maybe not if
> you have the same problem.

Well, it only hangs for 2-3 seconds, then goes bonk.

And yes, I discovered this during install too (surprise!), and ended up
installing via FTP as well. Still it would be nice to get rid of that
problem!

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html