Subject: Re: Build 1.5.2 with -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2001 15:31:40
Frederick Bruckman writes:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Mark White wrote:
> > I need to build a set of laptop install disks for the 1.5.2
> > system, using a slightly modified kernel, on a machine
> > running -current (actually from a few months ago).
>
> There really is no simple way, except to build a whole release.

I feared that might be the case.  Oh well, I'll do that this
evening.

> You might try building the INSTALL_LAPTOP kernel, building "all" in
> /usr/src/distrib/notes and /usr/src/distrib/utils, then trying"make -k
> release RELEASEDIR=somewhere DESTDIR=somewherelse" in
> /usr/src/distrib/i386.

I tried this; building distrib/utils results in:

cc -O2 -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes \
-Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized -Werror   -c gethost.c
gethost.c: In function `_gethostbyaddr':
gethost.c:159: argument `len' doesn't match prototype
/usr/include/netdb.h:262: prototype declaration
*** Error code 1

which is rather curious; I suppose because the system it's
building under is -current.  (The 1.5.2 shouldn't be at
fault; I downloaded it from .tgz yesterday).

Mark <><