Subject: Re: Xircom woes
To: None <jerry@thehutt.org>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/2001 09:22:35
--==_Exmh_-278942764P

In message <20011002150451.A27505@bobo.thehutt.org>you write:
> I'm trying to get a Xircom 10/100 + Modem combo card working.  The mode=
> portion of it works just fine, but the network card isn't found.
> dmesg(1) gives the following output:
> =

> pcmcia0: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
> pcmcia0: CIS info: Xircom, CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56, CEM56=
, 1.00
> pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x105, product 0x110a
[...]
> I've attempted modifying the product ids in pcmciavars.h for the CEM56
> and REM56 to be 0x110a (instead of 0x110b).  No luck.  I figure that I'=
> changing the wrong thing.

if you comment out the com* at pcmcia* in the kernel config, then the net=
work =

portion should be found.  I fiddled around with that back when the xi dri=
ver =

was introduced and came to the conclusion that multifunction devices are =
not =

really supported by NetBSD, which didn't really hurt because I don't use =

analog modems and got me a CardBus IBM Etherjet shortly after that...

I can send a Xircom 10/100 + Modem combo card missing the network cable t=
o =

anyone who is willing to integrate the "combo" function.

Gr=FC=DFe
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_-278942764P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBO7wOOrA63tqjeAhZAQE51QQAhoYkbJFuikmYmfNWrreJK+qpYAw2jg1g
fvOXGo2M1bisovCfUDlGWmU7VroZf2rc7bjlZioNkw+TqiOVTKvJ6ZtzJVRWI2+u
jeIiNPBN5fjj9K/8mjA1A5X2QWMeCWK8lUCUsx6rS0Helfzem7CqZQiConbySqRS
D3eVMQ0eQ2Q=
=ez0A
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-278942764P--