Subject: Re: NEW_PIPE stabilized
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@ma1.seikyou.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/2001 01:02:56
> If possible, please try out the new pipe implementation on your
> system. I'd be particularily interested on how well it's working
> on systems with big page size, like 16KB or more (IIRC such are on
> walnut and arm26). Please send-pr any encountered problems - your
> feedback is extremely important to make sure the code would
> not become default before it's time (and that remaining bugs
> would be found and fixed).
>
> You'd need most up-to-date 1.5Y kernel, with sys/kern/sys_pipe.c
> revision 1.14 or later. If you haven't already, switch to
> new pipe implementation by including this kernel option
> to your kernel config:

Sorry to be suspicious about NEW_PIPE.

When I scp'ed relatively large files between host A and B (either or both
of which is NEW_PIPE'ed), sometimes (randomly) file corruption occurred.
Up to now, the problem is restricted to scp. ftp seems OK.

I've not yet tried sys/kern/sys_pipe.c revision 1.15 or later, so the
problem might be a known one and already fixed.

(When I tried the earlier revisions of NEW_PIPE, the corruption occurred
more frequently.)