Subject: Re: build problems: libintl and new toolchain
To: None <>
From: Rick Byers <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2001 23:16:26
Is this really not a problem for anyone else?  I spent some more time
looking at it today and can't find anything that might be wrong on my
system.  Could someone with a working -current/i386 build using the new
toolchain please send me their make output from

Mine looks like:

/usr/tools/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc -O2  -Werror
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -nostdinc -idirafter /usr/include -c
/usr/tools/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc   -o addr2line -nostdlib
-Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/lib /usr/lib/crt0.o /usr/lib/crtbegin.o addr2line.o
bucomm.o version.o filemode.o -lintl -L/usr/src/gnu/lib/libbfd/obj -lbfd
-L/usr/src/gnu/lib/libiberty/obj -liberty -L/usr/lib -lgcc -lc -lgcc

And as far as I can tell, using "-I.../intl" to compile and -lintl
-L/usr/lib to link results in a version conflict (gnu gettext header in
the source tree, non-gnu library in /usr/lib).  I have successfully built
some parts by removing the "-I.../intl" compiler flag (i.e. using the
system libintl.h), but I'm pretty sure thats not the right thing to do

I'm stumped...