Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2001 10:35:44
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > If we want to include a tiny serial thing in the base distribution, I'd say
> > the miniature version of kermit ("gkermit") that's freely licensed (compared
> > to the rather restrictive C-Kermit license) would be a much better choice.
> That might be OK....  anything might be better than 'tip'!  ;-)

I predict no consensus will develop to include gkermit in the base.
For one thing, the 'g' in gkermit stands for GPL. More importantly,
it's not intended to stand in for a comm program; it's only purpose is
to implement the kermit protocol on the remote end. Given that the
transport is already supposed to be set up, there's no support for
manipulating serial ports.