Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2001 15:57:20
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 03:35:58PM +0100, Ian Fry wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 10:30:21AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Ian Fry wrote:
> > : In fact, after another attempt (following an update), none of the
> > : binutils or texinfo tools get installed into the cross toolchain tree.
> > There's a PR on this, and I now know what is causing it.  This will be
> > fixed today.
> Ah, okay. I'll wait a bit and update my sources before I retry then.

Okay, so I updated my sources again over the weekend, and retried doing a
build from a 1.5.2 i386 machine. The build now goes all the way through to
the 'install' phase, and fails trying to install 'csh.a' in
../share/doc/psd/csh.04' (I think - I'm typing this from memory).

> > [snip errors from lorder]
> Okay. I couldn't figure out where this warning was coming from (admittedly, I
> didn't spend a huge amount of time looking).
> > I'm going to put a workaround into lorder.sh shortly.
> Great.

The fix for this seems to have worked - the libraries now build cleanly.

BTW, which category should PRs be filed under for toolchain issues? misc?

Ian.