Subject: UPDATING question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2001 06:37:24
I've got a question, sort of a request, maybe. Does anybody else think that
a message in UPDATING (or failing that, a message to current-users with an
obvious enough subject) would be useful every time the current version (ie.
1.5X, 1.5Y) is incremented? I'd personally find it handy so that I'd know
when a full world build is an absolute must, or whether I can live with just
building a kernel, since no critical interfaces have been changed...

I usually build world anyway, but sometimes will just do a new kernel, and
since I update /usr/src on a regular basis sometimes I've updated my kernel
and not noticed that the version went up until I rebooted.

Just a thought.

-Sean