Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: Frederick Bruckman <,>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2001 02:56:06
In article <> you wrote:
>> Actually, the latest is 1.06.1, released August 1995.
> There is a uucp-1.06.2.tar.gz at the url mentioned in 3RDPARTY, but it
> seems to have mostly minor, non-functional changes from the 1.06.1 in
> our tree (plus policy diffs). The ChangeLog hasn't even moved from
> 1.06.1, and VERSION is still at 1.06.1.

Check for what's the deal on .1 vs. .2.
I have a package here that has all the patches that we've added to the
latest version, and if anyone is willing to do some work to get it
into shape (i.e.: decide on the directory layout, make sure directories
are created etc.) that'd really bring us a step forward. Let me know if
you're interrested.

(And I'll not let the argument count that a in-pkgsrc version is harder
to maint than an in-tree version, that's bullshit).

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->