Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: Frederick Bruckman <current-users@netbsd.org, fredb@immanent.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2001 02:56:06
In article <Pine.NEB.4.33.0109301800120.5511-100000@tautology.immanent.net> you wrote:
>> Actually, the latest is 1.06.1, released August 1995.
>
> There is a uucp-1.06.2.tar.gz at the url mentioned in 3RDPARTY, but it
> seems to have mostly minor, non-functional changes from the 1.06.1 in
> our tree (plus policy diffs). The ChangeLog hasn't even moved from
> 1.06.1, and VERSION is still at 1.06.1.

Check http://www.airs.com/ian/ for what's the deal on .1 vs. .2.
I have a package here that has all the patches that we've added to the
latest version, and if anyone is willing to do some work to get it
into shape (i.e.: decide on the directory layout, make sure directories
are created etc.) that'd really bring us a step forward. Let me know if
you're interrested.

(And I'll not let the argument count that a in-pkgsrc version is harder
to maint than an in-tree version, that's bullshit).

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/