Subject: build problems: libintl and new toolchain
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2001 23:40:58
Hi,
I'm trying to build -current using the new toolchain (i386) for the first
time.  While attempting to build binutils/addr2line, I get:

addr2line.o: In function `usage':
addr2line.o(.text+0x3a): undefined reference to `dcgettext__'
addr2line.o(.text+0x9d): undefined reference to `dcgettext__'

and several other identical errors.  I traced it back to the fact that
addr2line.c includes libintl.h from gnu/dist/toolchain/intl (which
#defines gettext using dcgettext__), but then links with the libintl in
/usr/lib (which has a dcgettext, but not dcgettext__).  Should addr2line
be using the system libintl.h instead of the one in gnu/dist?  Or (more
likely) should it be linking with a libintl built from gnu/dist?  If so,
how is that libintl supposed to be built, it doesn't appear to get built
on my machine.

Thanks,
	Rick