Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2001 22:32:06
>>>>> "Tomasz" == Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org> writes:

Tomasz> And as I don't use postfix, I don't want to have it in base...
Tomasz> Since there is a postfix package, this seems *absolutely*
Tomasz> redundant to me. One could install binary package if he
Tomasz> doesn't like pkgsrc.

And as i don't use sendmail but postfix, please make sendmail a
package... (it's bigger than postfix) ;-)

There's also tons of things i don't use, all Kerberos stuff per
example and i would prefer tracking Perl with my system than tracking
Kerberos. What do we want ? a strict minimal system and all the rest
in packages or a ready to use one ? (but, in this latter case, it's
obvious that 'ready to use' is rather subjective).

It's a serious question (and i'm not sure to know the answer as both
have advantages and pitfalls).

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1305325218 secondes