Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: None <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2001 14:23:04
[ On Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 10:46:09 (-0400), Mason Loring Bliss wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
> That said, once everything is pkg-ized, I want to see almost everything
> removed from the base set and included in packages. Until then, however,
> UUCP is quite valuable and useful to a number of people.

I've no desire to see packaging get that fine-grained.  Separately
packaging large subsystems like UUCP, the compilers, all documentation,
etc., is one thing, but total fine-trained packaging is quite another.
It can be a nighmare to use (and no doubt to maintain) on those
commercial unix systems that go to such trouble.

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>     <>
Planix, Inc. <>;   Secrets of the Weird <>