Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/2001 12:32:04
On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:37:56PM +0100, I wrote:
> > [building -current from 1.5.x]
> I've come across another problem now 'i386--netbsdelf-ar' doesn't get
> installed during the toolchain build. It has been built, as there is an
> 'ar' in tools/toolchain/toolchain/binutils

In fact, after another attempt (following an update), none of the binutils or
texinfo tools get installed into the cross toolchain tree. So, I manually
installed them, and now the build gets a lot further (I'm not sure if it gets
all the way through yet - I left another build running before I left for work
this morning). However, I'm getting lots of messages like this when building
libraries:

   building standard c library
   trap: Illegal number: EXIT
   trap: Illegal number: HUP

This seems to happen for each library, at the link stage (the libraries *do*
get built, and I can inspect their contents using 'nm', but I don't know if
binaries linked to these libs work yet).

Ian.