Subject: Re: access point list from Lucent wireless cards
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2001 04:37:50
nathanw@MIT.EDU (Nathan J. Williams) writes:

> With today's sources, which I believe includes this code, the wi
> interface on my iBook (dual USB) is crankier than it was before. It's
> been rock-solid since the wi at obio support went in. It probes as:

I don't think it was the changes I made -- they are only in effect
if you have a prism and execute the correct ioctl, or if you
have a lucent and issue the scan ioctl.

I do reject non-data packets, but I'm using the lucent card
(gold) and it works perfectly.

> wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
> wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
> wi0: interface not running

And I definiately didn't muck with the xmit code...

Can you back out the changes I made and try again to see if that makes
it go?

--Michael