Subject: Re: Tekram DC395/DC315 SCSI Adapter driver update
To: None <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/2001 19:22:00
In article <20010922002429.A359@rxgpc.iplus.net.tw>
rxg@ms25.url.com.tw wrote:

> I have fixed the source as your suggestion, if you have
> spare time, please have it a look, thanks.

Ok, today I've got an (used) DC-315U board.

I build a kernel with your driver on my arc machine
(Express5800/230 with R4400), but it freezes on probing
attched devices.

I have not taken a look at your driverI well, but I guess
some more bus_dma stuff is needed. I'll check it later
and also try on other machines.

> > I would also like to change function and variable
> > names to the style used in other BSD sources.

> I will try to do this later. :)

One more request; there are some typedefs in trm.h like
BYTE, WORD, DWORD and PBYTE etc., but I recommend to use
common types on NetBSD like u_int8_t, u_int16_t, u_int32_t
and u_int8_t * etc. defined in sys/types.h and
${MACHINE_ARCH}/include/int_types.h.

BTW, it seems that Linux people often use smaller sizes
(like unsigned char and unsigned short) for generic values
that are not size-dependent. (to save kernel VA space?)
But I think it is better to use just int for such values because
memory access in smaller sizes is slower on most RISC architectures.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp