Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jarom=EDr_Dolecek?= <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2001 23:04:44
On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Jaromír Dolecek wrote:

: > (Note that library dependencies require a -rpath-link argument, if the
: > dependencies are not in their installed paths; even the `'
: > binutils-based ld required this.)
: It seems that the libraries got linked with -rpath only, not -rpath-link.
: This worked fine with old ld, apparently is not enough with new one. Please
: look at this soon, it starts to bite me and I believe others too.

I'm stuck at a motel midtravel, but I *will* test this tomorrow.  If you
can give a quick reproduction example, it would help me tracking this down.

(This situation ruings some bells; Ages Ago I once had a debate with the
binutils folks about whether -L should add paths to the -rpath-link paths.)

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5.2 available on CD-ROM soon!  --