Subject: Re: audio/auich broken?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/2001 22:52:14
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Is audio@auich known broken on -current/i386? trying to use it to play
> mp3s or wav files always gives me "Invalid argument".
>
> dmesg says:
>
> auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801BA (ICH2) AC-97 Audio
> auich0: interrupting at irq 10
> auich0: Crystal CS4299 codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Spatializer 3D
> audio0 at auich0: full duplex, mmap, independent

I had a similar problem with auich in -current around the time of 1.5S:

    <URL:http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2001/02/28/0014.html>

I no longer have that machine to test with, but
sys/dev/pci/{auich.c,auichreg.h} haven't been updated since then. My
impression from the above thread is that this is a hard problem to solve
well.

- Amitai