Subject: Re: Neat!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/2001 14:16:42
In message <20010919201151.V4398@quartz.newn.cam.ac.uk>, Patrick Welche writes:
>On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 02:55:50PM -0500, Peter Seebach wrote:
>>
>> If only APM worked, I would now be totally happy with my machine.

>By this, do you mean you get things like

>apmd: cannot fetch power status: Input/output error

Nope.  Under both BSD/OS and NetBSD, an attempt to send the laptop to
sleep gets "unable to enter requested state".  I am assuming I have to,
say, ifconfig everything down first, but I haven't been able to find out
which thing is not-yet-down that I need to shut off.  I patched the
kernel once to go through trying individual devices, and was able to get
the screen to blank (X can't do this on this display, yet) and get a hard
drive shutting down noise, but I haven't been able to get the ALL_DEVICES
sleep to work.

-s