Subject: access point list from Lucent wireless cards
To: None <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/2001 10:11:15
I've got the code written, but it needs a bit of a cleanup still.
However, I can now get a list of access points, their received
signal and noise levels, and their capabilities.  I cannot yet get
their names, since I do not know the protocol to do this.

        channel  8 signal -50 noise -97 beacon 100 AP
        channel 11 signal -54 noise -73 beacon 100 AP/WEP

(BTW, Unix timestamps seem so damned strange with that leading 1...)

I plan on cleaning up the driver and committing it later this week,
along with a program, probably called wimonitor, which will display
the nearby access points.