Subject: Re: .../CVS/Root files and meaning of their life
To: NetBSD-current <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/2001 00:49:30
In message <>,
John Darrow wrote:

>(Of course, I'm annoyed that sup is now updating CVS/Entries files every
>time, even for directories where nothing has changed, but that's another

The more pkgsrc grows, the more this problem becomes annoying.

Today, it took two hours to sup pkgsrc, while there were only a couple
of changes. I'm actually running a script who calculates the amout of
megabytes for CVS/Entries files blindly fetched. I expect no less than
5 MBytes.

Shouldn't we have a special tag or keyword for sup, which does not fetch
those ?

Xav - poor lil' 64kbps RNIS ...
Xavier HUMBERT  -  Systemes et Reseaux     |
INJEP                                      |