Subject: Re: make build
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/15/2001 15:09:41
On Saturday 15 September 2001  2:58 pm, Simon Burge wrote:
> Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > > Is there something i can do that has not be written in UPDATING ?
> >
> > your forgot to make "make" first. - look into the mailing list archive,
> > the recipe to do this without using /usr/share/mk is in there, somewhere.
>
> Look at the second item under "Other problems and possibly solutions" in
> /usr/src/UPDATING.
>
> I'll fix the ``possibly'' typo now, so you want to look for the "Other
> problems and possible solutions" section. :-)

Someone also did a web page with the order things need doing in:
http://www.xavhome.fr.eu.org/NetBSD/upgradepath-to-current.html

it's a bit out of date as it misses the need to build texinfo (I used it
yesterday to update a 1.5.x box to -current)

The other useful tip is to delete (make that move the dir to somewhere safe)
the contents of /usr/share/mk and /usr/include as some files from 1.5.x have
newer datestamps than those from -current and things can get horribly
confused.

Cheers,
Chris