Subject: Re: find uses 400MB memory
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/2001 18:00:11
Thank you for the quick fix Simon.  However, I agree with
Chuck.  Many softwares are using vfork and execvp, so I
think the problem should be resolved somehow for general.

On the other hand, thank you for introducing xargs.
However, xargs has a problem for me.  It tries to parse not
only arguments but also file names through stdin.
Therefore, it stops with "unterminated quote" message if
some files using one single/double quote in its file name.
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or specification though.
It's the reason why I didn't use it.

Anyway, thanks.  "Find -exec" works well after applying
Simon's fix.  No page out happens.  Fine.

Regards,
-- Kazushi