Subject: Re: Hauppauge WinCast/TV cards
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2001 06:56:16
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I'm betting though that the RF front-end on that card is nothing
> spectacular from a design and construction perspective....  There may
> even be incomplete or improper shielding to keep the digital signals and
> their harmonics from interfering and there's certain to be lots of noise
> anyhwere between 25MHz and 250MHz on the inside of any modern PC (and
> probably lots of strong harmonics above that...).

I originally had the card between my VGA card and my sound card. I was
told that this was a bad idea, so I moved it:

   ISA  ISA  ISA  PCI  PCI  PCI  PCI  AGP
   ep   ___  ___  bktr siop esa  ___  vga

Image quality improved everywhere; channel 2 is still bad, but everything
else is tolerable.

Thanks,
Jared