Subject: Re: Hauppauge WinCast/TV cards
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2001 14:15:53
On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:06:36AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 01:59:27PM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>
>  > I noticed on the back of the card that the 'radio' input wants coax hooked
>  > up to it -- will a normal television antenna do the trick here?
> Yah.

Cable companies also transmit select FM radio stations on their lines.
Note that the frequency often isn't the same as the on-air frequency.

That's probably why they use a Coax connector.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive