Subject: Re: multiuser X 4.1.0
To: None <>
From: Matthias Pfaller <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2001 17:56:50
In article <>, (Wojciech Puchar) writes:
>   This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
>   while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
>   Send mail to for more info.
> --0-2005422453-999431655=:750
> after few days of hacking (99% trying to understand XFree code, 1% actual
> coding) i've almost made XFree 4.1.0 working multiuser with 2 gfx cards, 2
> keyboards, 2 mice (tested with 3 too).
> the only problem is that X doesn't work well with "wskbd" protocol and
> it simply interpretes keycodes bad when /dev/wskbd1 (or 2) is not
> connected to wsdisplay. when it is connected everything goes to first
> display, none to second.

I'd like to do the same as you :-) I got a little bit farer on the way.
You'll need to connect your keyboard to a mux to make it work with X.
Then specify the mux and not the keyboard in your XF86Config file.

Regards, Matthias
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41
Hans-Böckler-Str. 2, D 85221 Dachau         Fax   +49 8131 5161-66                        Email