Subject: Loading and using fonts (Re: Polish keyboard support)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/2001 19:00:29
Czesc, Dawid.

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 13:59:36 +0200, Dawid Szyma?ski wrote:

> It will work, but you can't use Polish iso2 fonts before kern/13854
> bug won't be corrected.

After you wsfontload(1) the font, use a sipmle program to make the
wscons use it.   E.g.:

    $ wsfontload koi8.816
    $ wsusefont koi8.816

where wsusefont.c looks along the lines of

    struct wsdisplay_usefontdata use;
    use.name = argv[1];
    fd = open("/dev/tty");	/* NB: the actual tty, not the cfg device */
    ioctl(fd, WSDISPLAYIO_USEFONT, &use);

This for me on laptop, but after switching to and from X11 the text
mode display is garbled.  I think this is a problem with NeoMagic, as
another user that I've sent this hint happily reported that for him it
works perfectly.

PS: Unfortunately I haven't had time to complete this to a commitable
state.

SY, Uwe