Subject: Re: Efficient Networks SpeedStream 3060 ATM/ADSL?
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/2001 23:02:57
Sorry for the delay in responding.
The 3060 has the ATM interface and DSL modem built into one one card while
the 3010 has separate ATM card and DSL modem.
Unfortunatly the part of the DSL modem part of the 3060 has some
propriotry micro code which the chip maker (Acatell if I recall) was
having difficulty releasing the code.

There is a Linux-ATM list which may have succeeded in obtaining this code.

I suggest you check with that group.

There is also a Alcatel SpeedTouch USB ADSL modem driver package
(ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/speedtouch/README.html)
for NetBSD - so you might consider that approach.

johnh...