Subject: Re: Working ESS Allegro-1/Maestro3 audio driver
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@ilx.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2001 14:41:51
Just downloaded and installed the driver on a Dell Latitude CPx/J running
1.5X. The chip is recognized and will output sound that is vaguely
recognizable compared as to what it should sound like - very, very scratchy.

>From the kernel boot:

esa0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: ESS Technology Inc Maestro 3 PCI Audio
Accelerator (rev. 0x10)
esa0: interrupting at irq5
esa0: SigmaTel STAC9721/23 codec; 18 bit DAC, Rockwell 3D

FYI.

-pjl

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:25:22 -0300 (ADT)  "Jared D. McNeill" wrote:

> I have a working (at least, plays back MP3s properly) Allegro-1 / Maestro3
> driver ready to go for anyone interested:
>
>  http://invisible.yi.org/~jmcneill/netbsd/esa-20010826.tar.gz
>
> Please, beat on this as much as you can. I would appreciate any feedback
> that anyone would like to give me.
>
> Special thanks to Peter Seebach for supplying me with the hardware to test
> this on, and Antti Kantee for helping me out with the FreeBSD -> NetBSD
> conversion.
>
> Enjoy!
> Jared

Paul J. Lavoie		pjl@ilx.com		(212) 510-3029
ILX Systems, Inc.	111 Fulton St		New York, NY  10038