Subject: Bridge support added to NetBSD-current
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Anders Franzen <uabfra@uab.ericsson.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2001 12:54:36
Hi, I tried to install the bridge stuff on a mac ppc machine.

I ran into the following problems:

1, Unresolved external to bridgenetisr in machdep. I browsed through the
code
    and could not find anyone doing schednetisr to it so I assumed it's
not needed???
    and just added a dummy func doing noting.

2, I have a NetBsd machine in my first floor doing IPF and NAT and
acting as a gateway between my external ADSL world and
   my Internal 802.11 radiolan. Then I have a couple of wired computers
on the second floor, and one with access to the radiolan.
    I wanted to use the one with the airport card on second floor as a
bridge to the various wired computers.
   The problem is that is does not seem to work. When for example a
Windows machine tries to do DHCP, I can see the
    messages with tcpdump on the incomming ethernet on the bridge. I can
also see it with tcpdump on the airport card.
    but it does enter the IPF/NAT/Gateway.  What I wonder (which migth
be out of scope) is if there is any problems
    with sending frames with other than own mac address as source
address and WEP with the airport card (Lucent wavelan) . Has anyone
tried this?
    the airport card uses the wi driver.

Best Regards
  /Anders