Subject: Re: mozilla 0.9.3 installs now but eats CPU after displaying home page....
To: None <enami@but-b.or.jp>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/2001 02:11:39
[ On Saturday, August 18, 2001 at 14:14:18 (+0900), enami@but-b.or.jp wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: mozilla 0.9.3 installs now but eats CPU after displaying home page....
>
> > If I crash it with "kill -11" it shows the following stack trace:
> >
> > (gdb) where
> > #0  0x4843731a in __ieee754_fmod ()
> > #1  0x4843c50c in fmod ()
>
> I bet your libm includes an object built from
> lib/libm/arch/i387/e_fmod.S revision 1.5.  IIRC, the problem is fixed
> in revision 1.6.

That was it!  Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I've been a happy mozilla-0.9.3 since!  (well also since figuring out
what they'd changed the "browser.cache.directory" preference to as well
so that it wouldn't hammer on my ancient SS2 NFS server.... :-)

I did have a system crash tonight though that may have been "encouraged"
by mozilla.  All I know is that everything hung hard except DDB, and the
running process was mozilla.  I couldn't kill it from DDB either.

However it may have been a SCSI bus problem -- I couldn't "sync" either.

(fixing this bug has apparently made ntpd work a lot better too!)

--
							Greg A. Woods