Subject: Re: DVD playback?
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2001 12:52:00
On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 12:39:32PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> You then run into the legal snag that the audio is often in AC3
> format, and we just had a little flap with ac3dec....

Right. Forgot to mention (as you obviously know already, Nathan)
that dvdview can also spit out AC3 format audio on stdout (the -3
flag rather than the -A).

As regards the ac3dec thing... I don't understand why it had to be
removed. Binary packages, sure, but with the pgksrc Makefiles, we're
just providing an easy way for someone to get at a third party's
software through our operating system.

Oh well.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net