Subject: Re: HEADS UP! New toolchain to be default on i386, sparc64
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2001 09:32:46
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

8<  snip  >8

> *** You must now set TOOLDIR in /etc/mk.conf or the environment, or else
> *** "make build" will break.
>
> TOOLDIR should be a directory that is not mounted noexec (since the
> toolchain will be running from here), and will hold the *host tools* for a
> given MACHINE_ARCH -- which means that you will be able to cross-compile
> shortly, right from the top level.  (It *may* work already; I only haven't
> tested it, and need to finish the rest of the cross-tools just to make
> sure.)

Any suggestions for what to set this to for a multi-architecture
environment?  Any reason why we couldn't have a default?  Like maybe
somewhere in the src/tools/obj.${arch} hierarchy?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |