Subject: Need help building snapshot
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/2001 23:10:12
Hi there,

I'm trying to build a snapshot of -current for macppc.  I've never built
the whole release before (only kernels), and I'm running into a problem.

I've set up the environment variables for BSDSRCDIR, BSDOBJDIR, DESTDIR,
and RELEASEDIR.  I've run 'make obj', which completes without errors (but
all it seems to do is create directories in $BSDOBJDIR).  When I run 'make
release', it gripes at me, because it can't write to the nonexistant
directory structure in $RELEASEDIR.

What do I have to do to get it to make the directories (e.g.
$RELEASEDIR/usr/share)?  I *really* don't want to have to make them all by
hand.

Of course, what I'd prefer is if someone else were to upload a recent
snapshot to ftp.netbsd.org, since I've got one of the slowest PowerPC
systems we support (150 MHz).

Thanks,
  -- MW