Subject: Re: Short 'gnu/dist/toolchain' guide anywhere
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Wiz <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2001 23:25:04
In article <15209.48049.878122.445870@basis.lke.rad.klinikum.rwth-aachen.de> you wrote:
>     Todd> My guess is that you upgraded NetBSD after installing such
>     Todd> gettext-using packages; it shouldn't be needed by most (the
>     Todd> USE_LIBINTL marked pkgsrc) after upgrading to a version with
>     Todd> libintl in /usr/lib. (/usr/lib/libintl appeared in -current
>     Todd> after 1.5.)

> Good guess, probably. But:

>   x11/gnome-core/Makefile:USE_LIBINTL=              YES

> sigh...

That's no problem -- USE_LIBINTL only adds a dependency on gettext-lib
if it doesn't find /usr/include/libintl.h.

So, if possible, try to just delete gettext-lib (and hope that you
don't have too many broken binaries afterwards if you compiled a lot
already with the external gcc).

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
The man who is denied the opportunity of taking decisions of importance