Subject: Re: Tracking 1.5.1 ?
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2001 01:18:50
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 12:16:41PM +0200, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
> In <20010730222511.B478@krishna> you wrote
>
> > To get the latest and most stable branch (1.5.1_ALPHA), use -r netbsd-1-5:

1.5.1_ALPHA -> 1.5.2_ALPHA :)

> Well, I'm a CVS dummy, I'm learning it on a personal server, on which I try
> to add some driver stuff, in that case I clearly need CVS.
>
> For a prod machine, imho, SUP is better, since it can be executed by a
> nightly crontask which fetches the sources, and compiles a fresh kernel for
> administrator's breakfast :-)

I never succedded SUPing. Time out too easily occurred when I tried to
connect a NetBSD SUP server located overseas. So I use anoncvs whenever
I need to update the local sources to the latest.

Whether it can be done automatically by cron is different problem.
Fetching sources via anoncvs also can be automated with ease.

> So, your suggestion is to use release-1-5/allsrc as collection/release ?

Yes. netbsd-1-5 branch is not so frequently updated compared to -current.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>