Subject: Re: make release fails
To: None <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2001 12:09:00
> After updating the sources to the latest as of today, I got the =

> following errors with make release:
>
> [snip]
> making base.tgz
> pax: Unable to access ./usr/lib/libg2c.so.0 <No such file or director=
y>
> pax: Unable to access ./usr/lib/libg2c.so.0.0 <No such file or direct=
ory>
> pax: Unable to access ./usr/lib/libobjc.so.0 <No such file or directo=
ry>
> pax: Unable to access ./usr/lib/libobjc.so.0.0 <No such file or direc=
tory>
> pax: Unable to access ./usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2 <No such file or direc=
tory>
> pax: Unable to access ./usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.0 <No such file or dir=
ectory>
> *** Error code 1

Check your DESTDIR for whether these files are present.

If they aren't, check for other files with similar names; it could be
that the set lists are out of sync with current reality, and that
e.g. some libraries have had their version numbers increased.  You can
check that with distrib/sets/checkflists (while DESTDIR still points
to the right spot, of course).

Regards,

- H=E5vard